I’m just a guy who believes – with passion – that you can make choices today that will serve you tomorrow, if you’ll just get your head out of your consumer fog.
I’m a husband, father, grandfather, consultant, teacher and writer. I just moved from the dusty plains of West Texas to the town where I grew up – Mobile, Alabama.
I have a Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership and 36 years of experience in leading churches, owning businesses, and teaching on an undergraduate, graduate, and corporate level.
Want to contact me directly? Email me at email@example.com.
Meanwhile, I’ve been re-visiting my personal purpose and mission statement, along with clarifying my values. If you want to know what I’m about, here it is:
I live to magnify Christ by empowering people to fulfill their purpose.
I communicate truth with passion and give courage to others.
I value a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, characterized by:
- deliverance from destructive patterns of behaving and relating,
- growing vitality for daily living, and
- prevailing strength in facing life challenges.
- I value having people with whom I can share expressions of love, praise, gratitude, forgiveness, and encouragement.
- I value being a husband and a father and grandfather.
- I value being liked – finding what pleases, excites, or connects with the mainstream and seeking to deliver that.
- I value connecting with small children.
- I value work that grows out of a sense of integrity, consistent with where I am and what I excel in.
- I value communicating truth.
- I value having a sense of contribution, that my work has made a significant difference in a life or cause.
- I value having the opportunity to advance.
- I value living my life completely free of financial pressure.
- I value contributing to worthy causes.
- I value having the ability to have money work for me.
- I value being debt free and being able to make reasonable purchases without stress or guilt.
- I value having influence over people in order to add value to their lives and advance the Kingdom.
- I value being in charge of an organization and leading it to new levels of success.
- I value having authority to make decisions and cast vision.
- I value encouraging people with love and concern for their happiness and well-being.
- I value the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.
- I value growth and progress – getting bigger, better, faster, and more effective.
- I value excellence in myself and others.
- I value winning the small battles, accomplishing the next step, and sensing the exhileration of progress.
- I value having control of my time, my energy, and my money.
- I value having control over how I accomplish an agreed-upon task.
- I value having freedom to choose when and where to work.
- I value having a variety of life/work challenges, and the freedom to respond as I see fit.