1. Yes indeed, a washer and dryer will fit inside a conversion van if you take the middle seats out.
2. Driving said conversion van automatically lowers your driver’s IQ by about 30 points.
3. Apparently I was right at home; Dallas/Ft. Worth was the host to an Idiot Drivers Convention this weekend.
4. If a nighttime idiot driver in DFW makes you mad, it’s probably not a good idea to get behind him and turn on your bright lights.
5. If you make a nighttime idiot driver in DFW mad by turning on your bright lights in his mirror, and he decides to retaliate… for 15 minutes… it’s probably best just to declare him the winner.
6. It really is possible to have a thoroughly-organized wedding coordinator without said thoroughly-organized coordinator becoming a Wedding Nazi.
7. If you’re looking for an ingenious way to save significant money on a wedding/reception, I found one this weekend. But I’m keeping it a secret. You’ll just have to contact me and ask. I’m talking genius, friends.
8. If you’re taking part in a wedding ceremony, make it personal. Here’s what I said about Dan and Kara:
Dan, you possess that rare combination of having the vision of a leader and the heart of a servant. You have shown repeatedly that you love Kara enough to be aware of, and engage deeply in, her world, even while you welcomed her into your own. Your deep compassion and sense of humor will serve you well as you and Kara design before God your future together.
Kara, you are diligent, humble, and deeply loyal to the relationships that matter most to you. In all the years I have known you, I have never once been in your presence in which I didn’t hear you laugh… [pause… wait for it…] including this time. My life, and the lives of every member of my family, is richer because of the way you refuse to give up when it comes to loving people.
And the most important thing I can say about both of you is NOT that your love language is sarcasm (though that is true). The most important thing I can say about both of you is that you love Jesus Christ with all your hearts. And it is because of your FIRST love that you can stand here today pledging to each other a FOREVER love.
9. If you’re waiting for a table at the Cheesecake Factory and have a LOT of time to kill with a two-year-old, try taking her next door to Dave and Buster’s (or your favorite arcade sure to be next door to the Cheesecake Factory). She won’t get the games, but she’ll love the lights.
10. When the two-year-old tires of the D & B lights (or keeps wanting to walk through them by saying “Again!”), give her your iPhone to play with. She’s probably better at downloading new apps than you are.
11. Father’s Day is always better when you can spend part of it with one or more of your kids.
12. From church yesterday, based on Colossians 3:1-4. I am raised with Christ… I am dead (to sin)… and my life is hidden with Christ in God. It’s one of those truths I have read forever, but never noticed. I got the alive part, and totally got the dead part. But my life (and the life of every believer) is hidden with Christ in God.
More on that in the next post… but in the meantime, whatever else it means, I’m glad the Lord “hid” me from the really ticked off idiot driver with the angry bright lights.
I’m just sayin’.
Elsewhere on LifeVesting